Schenectady Rotary Club supports the local and global community with both monetary support and hands-on community service.
The current economic and social situation due the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the organization’s regular fundraising activities. However, our desire to make an impact in the local community remains as strong as ever.
100% of the donations to the Community Outreach fund are distributed.
Donations can be made to the Community Outreach Fund here:
- Annual educational scholarship to Schenectady High School graduates
- Annual sponsor of a high school Junior to participate in RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) leadership program
- Sponsor high school exchange students
- Support the Interact community service club at Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy (Schenectady High School)
- Contributed to repairs of the Schenectady Little League fields
- Provided gift packages for children at the annual holiday breakfast
- Donations to Hamilton Hill Art Center
- Funds for waitstaff affected during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Contributions to the Salvation Army Food Bank during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Support Rotary International initiative to END POLIO NOW
- Support Gift of Life – providing life-saving heart surgeries for young children
- On-going efforts to provide water filters for communities in Haiti that lack access to potable water
Interested in learning more about Schenectady Rotary or how you can get involved? The group meets every Thursday from noon to 1pm via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All are welcome regardless of age, race, gender, or profession.