Year in Review
President Chris Henry, 2018-2019
Schenectady Rotary Club had numerous accomplishments in 2018-2019. Members participated in both local and international service projects, developed new youth programs, supported community organizations, and kicked-off a large-scale international water project.
The club hosted several fundraisers which will serve to support numerous projects, grants, and programs in 2019-2020.
- 2018 Schenectady Summer Night – sold bottled water to support Haiti Water Filter Project
- Kicked off the Matogou Haiti Clean Water Project
- Partnered with Saratoga National Bank for Shredder Day: Collected food pantry items to benefit SUNY Schenectady Food Pantry and shredded documents
- SICM Summer Lunch Program: served free lunches to community children
- I-890 Clean-Up
- Implemented Vale Park Clean-Up, Spring 2019
- Participated in DSIC Schenectady Wing Walk
- Participated in DSIC Schenectady Soup Stroll
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- Schenectady Rotary/Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy (SCLA) Journey to Success Program including professional clothing room, Career Readiness Program, mentoring, and job fairs
- Transitioned Interact Club to the Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy (SCLA)
- Supported District 7190 Rotary Youth Peace Summit
- Supported Gift of Life Annual Golf Tournament
- Co-Sponsored Rotary Youth Exchange students with Niskayuna Rotary Club
- Necessities Drive to benefit Jack’s Place
- Contributions to Schenectady ARC via centerpiece and flower sales
- Formally gifted a clock to the City of Schenectady to commemorate the Centennial of Schenectady Rotary and 100 Years of Service Above Self. The clock will be installed at a later date.
- Hosted 25+ speakers at the club meetings
- Breakfast with Santa at Applebee’s. Donated many tickets to local children.
- Produced our signature Karaoke Fundraiser at the Schenectady Armory Center
- Fundraisers and donations made to The Rotary Foundation Polio Plus campaign to End Polio Now