Year in Review
President Margaret Holoday, 2019-2020
Monetary Distribution Recipients
- Schenectady Rotary Foundation: Centennial Clock gifted to the City of Schenectady
- Schenectady ARC: grant for video
- Youth Exchange Student from Taiwan
- Club support for water filters purchased and delivered to communities in Haiti
- The Rotary Foundation: support to PolioPlus and End Polio Now
- Interact Club at Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy, Schenectady
- Gift of Life: providing heart surgeries for children born with congenital heart problems
- Sponsored students for Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) training program
- Schenectady High School scholarship for graduating senior
- Donation to Schenectady Little League to assist in repairs after Spring 2020 vandalism
- Donation to Salvation Army Food Pantry in the wake of COVID-19
- Donation to Turf Tavern (prior meeting site of Schenectady Rotary) and waitstaff out of work due to COVID-19
- Support of Schenectady ARC horticulture program via spring flower and holiday centerpiece sales
- Donated a fully stocked Ambulance to Matogou Haiti, in partnership with the Mayo Clinic and Mohawk Ambulance
Community Service Activities
- Spring and Fall garden and grounds cleanup at Vale Park, Schenectady
- Assisted with food deliveries for Salvation Army throughout the pandemic
- Provided career training seminars, interview techniques, clothing donations, and mentoring at the Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy Journey to Success program
- Supported the Salvation Army annual bell ringing campaign with volunteers for 54 hours
- Participated in the MiSci Spooky Science event
- Organized a Breakfast with Santa. Most tickets sold were donated to area children served by Schenectady Salvation Army.
- Trivia Night fundraiser during the pandemic. The event provided a night of laughter and socially distanced interaction while raising funds for High School scholarships.
- Delivered water filters to communities in Haiti who lack clean drinking water
- A committee is working hard to obtain resources and build a sustainable water delivery system via pump and treated water to the Matogou community in Haiti.
- In additional to organized projects, individual Rotary members are active in many other areas of the community.
Meetings are every Thursday from noon to 1pm via Zoom.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/667032763 Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the access code.
Visitors are always welcome. If you want to be involved in the community, this is the place for you!
Year in Review
President Chris Henry, 2018-2019
Schenectady Rotary Club had numerous accomplishments in 2018-2019. Members participated in both local and international service projects, developed new youth programs, supported community organizations, and kicked-off a large-scale international water project.
The club hosted several fundraisers which will serve to support numerous projects, grants, and programs in 2019-2020.
- 2018 Schenectady Summer Night – sold bottled water to support Haiti Water Filter Project
- Kicked off the Matogou Haiti Clean Water Project
- Partnered with Saratoga National Bank for Shredder Day: Collected food pantry items to benefit SUNY Schenectady Food Pantry and shredded documents
- SICM Summer Lunch Program: served free lunches to community children
- I-890 Clean-Up
- Implemented Vale Park Clean-Up, Spring 2019
- Participated in DSIC Schenectady Wing Walk
- Participated in DSIC Schenectady Soup Stroll
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- Schenectady Rotary/Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy (SCLA) Journey to Success Program including professional clothing room, Career Readiness Program, mentoring, and job fairs
- Transitioned Interact Club to the Steinmetz Career and Leadership Academy (SCLA)
- Supported District 7190 Rotary Youth Peace Summit
- Supported Gift of Life Annual Golf Tournament
- Co-Sponsored Rotary Youth Exchange students with Niskayuna Rotary Club
- Necessities Drive to benefit Jack’s Place
- Contributions to Schenectady ARC via centerpiece and flower sales
- Formally gifted a clock to the City of Schenectady to commemorate the Centennial of Schenectady Rotary and 100 Years of Service Above Self. The clock will be installed at a later date.
- Hosted 25+ speakers at the club meetings
- Breakfast with Santa at Applebee’s. Donated many tickets to local children.
- Produced our signature Karaoke Fundraiser at the Schenectady Armory Center
- Fundraisers and donations made to The Rotary Foundation Polio Plus campaign to End Polio Now