Matogou’s natural water source is currently contaminated. Over 20,000 people, many of them children, live on a garbage pile and walk up to a mile or more to get dirty water.
Clean water in Haiti means freedom to focus on LIFE, not survival.
Our goal is to…
- Drill a new well at the site of existing spring
- Chlorinate the water to make it potable
- Pump well water up into three tanks, with a total capacity of approximately 10,000 gallons
- Provide 12 access points to potable water at three kiosks over a 400 m (1/4 mile) distance
We are their HOPE for the future.
Your donation will change lives.
Help achieve more in Haiti with our Haiti Water Project.
Many people in Haiti, especially children are required to fetch water from questionable sources. Clean water in Haiti means freedom to focus on LIFE not survival.
One village at a time, efforts continue to provide Haiti with clean water, but there is more to be done.
Rotary District 7020, in partnership with American Rotary Clubs, is looking to join with Rotary clubs in Haiti who would like to undertake water filter projects.
- Filters remove 99.99% of the bacteria from water.
- Designed for easy cleaning, filters do not need replacement parts.
- Filters are long lasting with a shelf life of 10 years, cleaning 1,000,000 gallons of water.
- Each filter is capable of providing clean water to 40 people per day.
Become a part of the Haiti Water Project.
Water For Haiti
Schenectady Rotary is committed to serving the community of Matogou, Haiti. A community lacking access to safe water is at continual risk for disease and other sanitation issues. In March 2020, a world-wide pandemic of COVID-19 (coronavirus) was identified. One of the primary means of slowing the spread of COVID-19 is handwashing with soap and clean water. Schenectady Rotary immediately responded and partnered with several other groups to provide handwashing stations complete with buckets, spigots, chlorine to cleanse the water, and soap.
In the future, we hope this community will have regular access to clean water to ensure the best chances for a healthy life.